Sunday, February 27, 2011
Friday, February 25, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
The new mac book pros are believed to have a refreshed design as well which probably include:
- Larger touch pad
- Optimised bezel thickness for display
- SSD for macOS and HDD for data storage
I'm looking forward to get a MacBook Pro myself, let's see whether they put a GPU into the 13" MBP.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
- Copy & Paste
- Twitter integration
- Office support on the cloud
- IE9 based browser (yuk!)
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Hope all this is false, and that he will continue to lead Apple for many more years with his keynotes that has become the face of the company.
Google is your friend.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
And so Dell has introduced yet another smartphone. This one has a more iPhone style to it using Goriilla glass and AMOLED screen with capacitive multi-touch. Get the rest of the info after the break.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
SymbianOasis selected as one of Top Consumer Electronics Blog
We here at Online Schools take great pride in providing the best resources available that adhere to the vision we believe in. Including your blog within our list of resources only solidifies this vision.You can view the listing here.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Saturday, February 12, 2011
The Nokia chairmans tactic of bringing in Stephen from Microsoft must have been part of the grand scheme of things. Obviously Mr. Stepehen Elop stands a much better chance of securing a deal between the two companies - and he did a good job as well.
What this means for the layman is this, all Nokias budget phones will remain on Symbian for some more since it remains the OS of choice for cheap phones under Nokia. But Indian and Chinese manufacturers are bringing out their own cheap phones that have better value.
High end phones will migrate to Windows 7 Mobile. This means Symbian ^3 is gonna go down the drain. And MeeGo remains a ?
Open letter by Stephen Elop and Steve Ballmer
Nokia and Microsoft have entered into a non-binding term sheet. The planned partnership remains subject to negotiations and execution of the definitive agreements by the parties and there can be no assurances that the definitive agreements would be entered into.
Some things are for sure:
• Nokia will adopt Windows Phone as its primary smartphone strategy, innovating on top of the platform in areas such as imaging, where Nokia is a market leader.
• Nokia will help drive and define the future of Windows Phone. Nokia will contribute its expertise on hardware design, language support, and help bring Windows Phone to a larger range of price points, market segments and geographies.
Friday, February 11, 2011
Note: To download please click on the title.
1.Adobe PDF Reader(already available for N95 users)
With the application you can read PDF documents on the display of your device. Documents can be accessed and opened in the following ways:
* Opening an email attachment from received e-mail messages (network service)
* Document sent using Bluetooth technology to your Inbox in Messgaing
* Using the File manager to browse and open documents stored in the phone memory and on memory card
* Browsing Web pages
2. Internet Radio
The application supports SHOUTcast streaming audio playback. Currently, MP3 and AAC+ streams are supported. The application also supports local playback of audio files in the following formats: MP3, AAC, eAAC+, MP4, M4A, WMA, 3GPP, AMR, and WAV. Note that some formats may not be supported on some S60 products.
Y-Browser is a file manager for Symbian OS devices. It implements most standard features on files (such as copy, cut, paste, etc) & folders (create, remove, etc) and it allows you to work with "hidden, system" folders. Its addons are very unique compared to other free file managers (like SExplorer or SysExplorer), because they allow you to save to the filesystem files that were sent via Bluetooth and got stuck in Messaging.
4. DivX Player
A great DivX player, requires free registration. Can playback 320kbps QVGA DivX video at 15fps without dropping any frames. Make sure you get at least the 0.85 version or above.
QReader is a high quality ebook reader, easy and powerful. It supports plain text (.txt), Palm DOC (.prc and .pdb), TCR, FB2 and UMD files reading. Alternatively, check the MobiPocket Reader.
It is a flexible video surveillance system. It includes motion detection, support for multiple cameras and multiple sites. Get live images directly to your phone.
Tired of the display backlight going out when you are looking at the screen - e.g. while thinking about the right word for an sms? Wouldn't it be nice if your phone knew when you needed the light and when not?SmartLight does just that: once you have opened an application, the backlight stays on - until you close or hide the application, switching the light off automatically.
This is an all-in-one application for the IM freaks out there. It supports MSn,Yahoo,GTalk,ICQ& what-else. Pretty fast with a really low data overhead, this is the one to go for.
It's for those of you out there who hate the boring user-interface of the nokia browser. This is a distribution by opera and is a really good one, second only to Opera's Mainstream Browser. But for that you'l have to pay.
10.Calcium(not for eating!)
This is a calculator that has an excellent user interface, i completely recommedn it for any1 who uses a mobile calculator atleast once a month. It's too good.
A good application that lets you alter and edit photos in a variety of ways.There are also a lot of in-built techniques to morph your picture. I'd be happy to see any of ur pics that u've edited using this app. You could post it here.
A software dedicated to making your SMSing life easier and to take it to new heights.
13.Windows Live Messenger
Now don't tell me that i need to explain this too. This is just a mobile version of the Windows Live Mesenger. But i'd recommend using the Agile Messenger that i've posted in number 8.
14.XSound MP3 Player
Another MP3 player for those of you who don't feel the attraction for the nokia music player built in into your phones.
15.DivX Video Player
Plays DivX movies(obviously).If you take SmartMovie to be not as smart as it sounds then u can try this one.Simple yet powerfull.
16.FullScreen Caller V2.04
This is an app that soes just what it's name says it does. Display the caller's photo in full screen!
17.Nokia Wall Paper Manager
What else! Manage your wallpapers the nokia way!
18.TomTom Mobile V6.2
The simple installation and intuitive user menu gives you the perfect navigation experience. Clear and accurate spoken and visual instructions: Easy to follow route instructions and crystal clear 2D or 3D maps lead you from door-to-door whether you travel by car, by bike or on foot. Easy call handling: Never miss a call or SMS message while navigating through on-screen instructions. Navigate direct to contacts stored in your address book
19.MP3 ID3 Tag Editor
1) Clear all ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags on an MP3 File.
2) Clear the ID3v2 tag and edit ID3v1 with the title and artist that you want.
20. Nokia Search.
With Maps, the world is yours. This free tool for mobile devices allows you to download maps and to find interesting places nearby or anywhere in the world. You can share these places with your friends and plan routes between two places. As optional services, Maps features a full-fledged navigation system and valuable city guides with loads of first-class information.
22.Nokia Map Loader
24.Best Crypto (with new keygen)
Protect your private photos, voice and sound files, videos, confidential documents - just any kind of files on your smartphone!
Every smartphone user stores sensitive data on his device. It could be private photos, confidential voice notes, business documents, etc. You don't want an unauthorized person to get access to your confidential or private data, do you? Protect your confidential and private data with Best Crypto now!
Best Crypto application is designed for electronic data protection. It provides you with a user-friendly graphical interface for encrypting and decrypting your sensitive data. Behind easy to use interface, its powerful cryptography engine is using industry standard secure crypto algorithms (RC6 (ECB-Mode) ciphering with 256-bits keys and MD5 algorithm) to give you absolute, almost unbreakable security.
25.Smart Movie 3.25 (Full) SmartMovie is a video player for your mobile device, with counterpart PC converter utility. With the converter, you may prepare any video clip for playback on your mobile device. Play your videos on your mobile device, anywhere, anytime, you need just a few steps..
26.Mobiola Web camera(with bluetooth support)
A cool app that allows you to use your mobile camera as a web camera with full functions supporting bluetooth for continous streaming of video.
Hotline to Orkut??
29. Battery Voice.
A lady tells you your battery levels! hmmmm.. check it out..real interesting!
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Read more here
Read more here!
Technorati Tags: Nokia n8
But before you embark on the MeeGo journey with your N900, please keep in mind that this is still very much a developmental release and that it holds no value for an everyday users and if you think you fall under that category, its better to hold off.
Get it for free here! (Free Full Download)
In order to get it free you need to have the IMEI of your device ready so that the CIA can keep track of what you do with the MeeGo OS.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Highlights Of The Survey:
- a significant number of subscribers are dissatisfied with their service providers – More than one out of six mobile phone subscribers (17.6%) want to switch over to another telecom company. Given India’s mobile subscriber base of more than 700 million, it could mean that up to 120 million people want to switch.
- Airtel(31.9%) and Vodafone Essar(19.6%) will gain the most – One out of three consumers who are considering switching want to sign up with Airtel, and one out of five who want to change will go to Vodafone Essar. Followed by others(13.7%), Idea Cellular(9.7%) and Aircel(8.5%).
- BSNL GSM, Reliance CDMA, Reliance GSM & Tata Indicom will be the losers in terms of subscriber base.
- The reason to port is equally shared between ‘dissatisfied with the service(49.1%)’ and ‘want to change just for the heck of it(50.9%)’.
- women make more loyal subscribers — 14.3% want to change compared to 18.8% men.
- most dissatisfied customers were found in Hyderabad(37.3%), followed by Delhi(23%) and Ahmedabad(19.6%)
- older customers(41-50 yrs : 18.7%) are more demanding subscribers whereas housewives(13.6%) constitute the ‘least demanding’ lot.
- Post-paid(19.3%) customers are more dissatisfied than the pre-paid(17.4%) ones
Note#2 : Interviews were carried out using a fully structured questionnaire and the results were collated using appropriate statistical tools.
Source : HT-MARS SURVEY
The contents of the box will vary from region to region with Asia most likely to get a stylus as well. The device will come with a HDMI converter and a microUSB to USB jack for USB on-the-go functionality around the world in addition to the usual Nokia accessories like the charger, headphones and so on.
Read more here!
Technorati Tags: Nokia n8
* Meeting requests can be accepted directly from email invitations.
* Updates to Nokia Email – Performance improvements, ‘unread emails’ flag added to homescreen widget, meeting requests can be accepted directly from email invitations.
* Maps integration in email, which means people can view the meeting location on the map when the address is mentioned in the location field in the invite.
* New Quick Office 6.4 editor version, which offers editing possibilities and allows zooming in out in Word documents.
* Three high quality games will also be preloaded on new devices – Need for Speed Shift, Real Golf and Galaxy on Fire. (In some countries, Need for Speed is replaced with Asphalt 5). For current N8 users, these are available for free from Ovi Suite & Ovi Store.
* Web updated to 126.96.36.199.
* Adobe Reader updated to 2.5.653.
* Dialler now works in landscape mode.
How To Update The Firmware:
Monday, February 7, 2011
Due to this transition, many of the operations and services the foundation provided to the Symbian community have now ceased. With the exception of this blog site, the foundation’s public websites have closed, along with open access to the Symbian source code.
However, much of the foundation’s data is available to the public via FTP until 31 March 2011. For access to this content, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Some content is still controlled under certain licenses; Symbian Foundation members will continue to have access to Symbian Foundation License content.
Specifically, the FTP site will allow access to:
Current platform source code
2. Platform Development Kits:
* S^2 PDK 2.0.3 (parts of S^2 are only available to current Symbian Foundation members)
* S^3 PDK 3.0.4
* S^4 PDK 4.0.a
The smartphone that Nokia has been touting as its new "flagship" business model will finally reach consumers this week.
Following its unveiling last September and a long delay coming to market, the E7 will arrive in some stores over the next few days, with a broader launch to follow soon, Nokia announced today.
Initally scheduled to debut in December, Nokia told CNET at the time that the company decided to delay launch "to ensure the best possible user experience on the Nokia E7." Nokia did not specify what exactly had gone wrong.
The E7 includes the Symbian 3 operating system, a 4-inch AMOLED ClearBack touch screen designed to improve outdoor visibility, a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard, an 8-megapixel camera with a dual LED flash and HD video capture, USB and HDMI connections, and 16GB of flash memory.
The E7 costs 495 euros ($674) before any potential carrier subsidies.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
- powered by an 1.83GHz Intel Atom N475 CPU(although a dual core Oak Trail update may be in the works).
- 10.1 inch(with 16:9 ratio), 1024 x 600 capacitive touchscreen
- 2GB of DDR3 RAM
- up to 32GB of solid state storage(upgradeable to 64 GB)
- 3G and 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Mini VGA port and a pair of full-size USB ports on one edge
- 1.3 Megapixels camera, built in Flash, HTML 5 browser, G-sensor, built-in stereo speakers and has an interactive panoramic homescreens full of non-restricted widgets, Swipe up for apps, Swipe down for multitasking/notifications.
- measures 275mm x 170mm x 14mm with weight only 835g
- 5 MP autofocus with LED flash and VGA front-facing camera
- WCDMA 850/1900/2100, GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, HSDPA up to 14.4 Mbps
- 16 GB internal memory, up to 32 GB external memory
- 3 USB ports and 1 HDMI port(which allows user to connect and share their HD videos on a bigger screen)
- Corporate Sync, Google Mail, POP3/IMAP embedded, Push Email, Yahoo!® Mail
- Multiple docking options for mobility on a full charge
- 802.11b/g/n and unlimited usage on AT&T’s entire national Wi-Fi network
- BLUETOOTH® 2.1
- U-verse® MobileTV Live, DLNA®, YPmobileSM, Picture Gallery, Media Share, News and Weather, Phone Portal, video playback and streaming, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Dimension is 2.5 × 4.6 × 0.4 inches and it Weighs 4.8 ounces
- Talk time of Up to 9 hours and Standby time of Up to 10.4 days