Ever since the release of Apple’s iPhone 4 and the storm it has been creating in the telecom world, I have been wondering how the other major mobile phone giants could ever hope to cope with this. But my thoughts have been proven absolutely wrong by Nokia when it announced its 3 new smartphones – Nokia C6, C7 & E7 and also showcased Nokia N8 at the Nokia World 2010 held in London(14th-15th september).
Well, frankly speaking, i neither go to the event nor i experienced the devices in my hands. I am just sharing some very great insights into these smartphone devices, courtesy the Nokia bloggers from around the world who had gone there in person.
The key Features &Specifications for all the four devices is as follows:-
- compact(dimension 113x53x16.8 mm, Weight 150 g) smartphone with 5Mpix cam, polarized display with improved outdoor visibility & much more
- 3.2 inches TFT resistive touchscreen, 16M colors, Size 360 x 640 pixels
- free walk and drive navigation
- “CBD” – Clear Black Display. Its a premium touch screen with high clarity and contrast.
- Wi-Fi and HSDPA connectivity for speedy browsing, Qwerty keyboard, Free Ovi Maps sat-nav app, Customisable home-screen widgets, FM radio, QWERTY keypad
- 200 MB inbuilt memory, microSD/TransFlash memory slot
Nokia C7 :
- sleek, thin(117.3 x 56.8 x 10.5 mm, Weight 130 g) and specially designed for Social networking on the go
- 8 MP camera(resolution of 640 x 360 pixels) with autofocus, dual-LED flash
- 8 GB storage(internal) and Card slot-microSD, up to 32GB
- Stereo FM radio, FM transmiter
- 3.5 inchesAMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors,
Size 360 x 640 pixels
- HSDPA, Wi-Fi b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, etc
Nokia E7 :
- Remember the good old Communicator? The Nokia E7 is a ultimate business smartphone inspired by it.
- 4 inch OLED screen with ‘CBD’ – with Clear Black Display
- a full 4 row QWERTY keyboard
- with an HDMI-out, 3.5mm headphone jack, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, the camera at 8MP (but still with LED flash) & HD video-capable (720p).
- In both portrait and landscape mode, the Nokia E7 fits nicely in the hand(dimension 123.7×62.4×13.6mm,97.8 cc and weighs 176 g).
- memory : 350MB + 16 GB mass storage, no microSD.
- Radio, GPS receiver, WLAN b / g / n, Bluetooth 3.0, HSPA / HSUPA
- Additional Softwares : QuickOffice Premium, Adobe PDF, Microsoft Communicator, WebTV, Vingo, World Traveler, F-secure Antitheft
Common Features/Specs In C6, C7 & E7 :
1.Same processor and GPU and of course the OS
2.8MP camera with 720p video capture
3.Clear back display Amoled capacitive display technology(Nokia’s super amoled?)
5.And many other features common to the requirements of the Symbian^3 OS(Media wall,3D games,..etc)
Nokia N8 :
Most of the specs for the Nokia N8 are similar to that of the E7 apart from the following differences :
- its lighter(dimension is 113.5 x 59 x 12.9 mm, weight is 135 g)
- on-screen keyboard
- memory : 135MB + 16 GB mass storage
- microSD card slot
- FM transmitter
- 2mm charger
- 3.5″ screen display
- 12 MP camera, Carl Zeiss Autofocus, Xenon flash
- Additional Softwares : WebTV & Quick Office Viewer only
What do you think of these two devices-E7 & N8? Which one will give you adrenaline rush in your body and will get your heart beat faster than its normal speed? Are you willing to compromise on some of the features of the N8, the most important one being the amazing camera capabilities, to get a full 4-row hardware QWERTY on the E7?
We’ll try to keep you updated with whatever is happening in The Nokia World.