Monday, March 31, 2008
Nokia N95 is now available in 3 new colors, White, red and blue. But it seems that the new colors is only available in Japan by the provider “SoftBank” Lets hope that it doesn’t take to long before the new colors is available world wide . Check out the covers over here too at another post from dailymobile.
More pictures available at DailyMobile.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Some of the games are:
* Bomberman 3D
* FIFA , Germany
* Sonic the Hedgehog, part 1
* Sonic the Hedgehog, part 2
*Star Wars, Imperial Ace
* Townsmen 4
* Gun Fever
* Tetris Mania
* V-Rally 3D
* Vijay Singh, Pro Golf
* Virtua Tennis
Jackass The Movie
LongHorn UI Bliss
Matrix Lyn Dark Code
World of Warcraft
and much more ...
Download at http://rapidshare.de/files/26920015/SETPack.rar
Another pack of 22 supercool themes for you:
These are the other URLS to great themes for your sony ericsson!
If these aren't enough you can make your phone look completely different from the rest. The “Themes Creator” is now official and supports all Sony Ericsson phones that support themes (except P900, of course).
Sony Ericsson Themes Creator is a software that helps you to personalize your mobile phone.
With a bit of work and creativity, you can make your phone look completely different from the rest, since you can change almost everything you see on the screen (except font face, some icons…).
Animated Sea Themes
Quake II for symbian s60v3 is now available online, both software and hardware renderers in the same package. Also N95-1 users can only use the software renderer as the OpenGL renderer will need more memory than it has. N95-2/3/4 users are able to run it in hardware render. Needles to say, that you still need to update to firmware v20 in order to play even with the software renderer as v20 has much better free RAM at any given time.
LSK = return / jump
RSK = esc
Joystick = forward, back, left, right, fire
* = look around (with joystick)
# = sidestep
c = change weapon
green answer key = center view
volume up/down = look around/sidestep
Everything is a hot key to shoot! Or you could just use a bluetooth keyboard..
quake2_v100_armv6_fpu.sisx - Quake2 engine (requires floating point unit and ~25-30 megabytes of free RAM, includes builtin support for following mods: ctf, xatrix and rogue)
quake2_v100_src.7z - Source code for Quake II
q2_changelog.txt - Changes since previous versions
Friday, March 28, 2008
Symbian Guru released the new software Currencies – mobile currencies converter with real time exchange rates from the Central Bank and your own currencies rates set manually.
Currencies gets real time exchange rates from European Central Bank directly to your mobile. You only have to activate the GPRS connection.There are two types of currencies: the predefined list of most used world currencies and list of your own currencies, which rates you can set manually. You can set the exchange rates of your currency to one of the main currencies and to save it.
There is an auto refresh option available: you can update all the rates instantly by pressing the menu Option – Update rates.
Currency conversion is made easily: you just set the initial and final currency as well as amount. There is unlimited amount of currencies that you may convert with Currencies application. The result you will receive immediately after entering the initial data.
• Real time exchange rates data
• All data overview with one click on your mobile
• Ability to add your own currencies as well as their rates
• Ability to convert unlimited amount of currenciesMore info as well as pdf user manual for
Currencies can be found on http://www.symbianguru.com.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Sadly the 16GB MicroSDHC card from Sandisk is not expected to be commercially available until later this year, though you can already pick up an 8GB for under $80. Sadly for the N95 8GB user they won't be able to make use of any improements in the microSD technology since they don't have support for it, but Nokia has given the Nokia N96 best of both worlds - 16Gb onboard memory as well as an expandable microSD slot. WHat more could you ask for?1!
What's new for v21.0.016 (over and above v20 firmware):
- Flash Lite 3 is included, so Flash video sites will work, including YouTube (just as on the N95 8GB v15 firmware from a couple of months ago)
- The Web runtime is included, meaning that standalone widgets are now possible
- Greater Bluetooth headset compatibility
- Better handling of entering lots of text into web page dialogs
- Speedier Gallery in every way
- Faster Java runtime, so Java apps start faster
- plus the usual miscellaneous bug fixes and tweaks, no doubt!
Ofcourse they still haven't included the full app of the NGage service, so I guess we ain't going to see it in the near future(even though release had been slated for X'mas '07).
More details and screens at AllAboutSymbian.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Get a load of this!
It seems some of the ghouls over at Tech from the Deep have a taken a fancy to theN95 processing power of late and they seem to have had a great time blogging about it too!
It’s not everyday that you get to see techy things and gadget stuff from a ghouls perspective. Makes for a nice read, being that it’s given from a different perspective - if you know what I mean
As they say:
Go here to read about Nokia’s Multi-Headed Computer
Darkest tech/gadget news as well as deadliest computer stuff - overclocking,tweaking,etc brought to you by our very own ghouls...[evil laugh]
First of all, with FP2, the MultiTasking ability of the phone has been more concentrated upon which I believe will make it more competitive against other mobile OS and also bridging the gap between SmartPhone and Computer(which Nokia seems to love doing..remember "This is what Computers have become!"). From FP2 onwards the Multi Tasking Menu can be activated from the options menu as well. Before, this was possible only by an extended press on the menu button.
More intuitive UI has been another priority ofS60 3rd Edition Feature Pack with the addition of a labeled middle softkey, for more work with less clicks. Another UI update is the Active Idle Toolbar, which now also has a option for being Vertically placed. This results in better screen space utilization for the active app.
The Messaging application is much more smarter than before. You just select create a message and bearer(SMS,MMS,Email) is selected automatically. If the final message has only text, it's SMS. If there are other media components included to message, such as pictures or video, message type is MMS. Small, but it's nice.
Functions that until now were available only through 3rd Party Software which have been built-in into the OS now are as follows:
- There is RSS/Atom feed support so selected news feed can scroll on the bottom of the idle screen. This is similar to the Nokia Gallery's scroller.
- FSCaller's full screen caller image has now been included as a built-in feature. This makes caller identification easier. Besides it looks cooler!
- Personal pictures can be used to personalize your theme. There is a neat slideshow screensaver.,which allows you to select your favorite pics from the gallery. Also the wallpaper has similar slideshow functionality. I don't remember the name of the app that used to support this.
- Users of S60 are very aware of BestProfiles in which you can set time limits and alarms for your profiles to change. This also has been embedded into FP2, you can set a timer for profiles, so the phone for silent for one hour and then it goes back to general profile automatically. Very use full.
- Web Browsers are the most used application in S60, as browsing is extremely popular and everyone loves to download media files. Currently if you download a music or video file, you have to wait until file is completely downloaded and only then can you open and play it. FP2 supports progressive downloading from browser which allows for instant playback during downloading. Sort of like streaming links. I've never seen these features, especially the streaming download, in a SmartPhone app before! It's more like it was brought from the DAP software for Windows!!
- As if that wasn't enough Downloading function has also other improvements. When for example a mp3 is downloaded, you'll get a "Save as" option so it's easy to set it as ringing tone. And if it's a picture download you can set it as wallpaper straight away. Cool eH? :)
Friday, March 21, 2008
Nokia's Chief Designer,Alastair Curtis, said,
"Brazil is an incredibly vibrant and diverse place and one that is constantly transforming and developing itself in new ways. This makes it a perfect place to inspire designers. It also has a wealth of emerging new design talent that will play a key role in shaping many of the global design trends we will see in the next few years. Combining the experience of our global design team with the local creativity and perspective of the students is a very exciting and creative way to explore new ideas in this important market for Nokia."This could maybe lead to a whole new design element coming to Nokia's wardrobe - we could perhaps expect some radical designs such as those seen one the 7610 and it' kind...
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Read the whole article here at TheN95Blog.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Friday, March 7, 2008
To do this you need to have FExplorer on your Nokia Phone. (or click on the link)
- Open FExplorer.
- Select drive C: or D: depending on the memory in which the SMS messages have been saved.
- In my case I selected C: , Then open "system" folder. Then in the "system" folder open "mail" folder. Then in this folder u will see different folders (eg 0010001_s) and certain files (eg 00100000). These files are the actually messages.
- Browse through each folder and chack for the file till u get the one that you are looking for.( a very tiring process..Zzzzzzzzzz)
- For opening the files don't choose options>file>open as it will show format not supported rather choose options>file>hex/text viewer. By selecting the "Hex/ text viewer" you ll be able to open and read the deleted SMS message.