Symbian Guru released the new version 2.0 of Phone Guardian – the security software which helps to protect the phone from theft and unauthorized access.
New version of Phone Guardian introduces security fixes of the previous version. Phone Guardian has got new SMS commands for instant thief tracking, full lock and turning on and off the siren. The software has been translated in to many languages. Also new security engine was introduced. This engine is invisible for the users, but it allows more easy functional security updates in the future.
Phone Guardian locks the phone automatically, after SIM change and on receiving of the lock SMS. Phone unlock is possible only using unlock SMS with right password or password entering in the application.
Phone Guardian allows phone and thief tracking using the SMS with useful information. The Info-SMS contains always the current SIM card and phone number, as well as Cell ID information which allows territorial tracking of the mobile.
Phone Guardian 2.0 has following new features:
1. New SMS commands:
- Full lock: helps you to lock the phone and emits the siren
- Turn On/Off of the Siren: turns the siren on and off remotely
- Info SMS: can be requested any time. It sends you info regarding your phone and location
2. Phone Guardian was translated into new languages, such as French; German; Spanish; Italian; Swedish; Danish; Norwegian; Finnish; Russian; Dutch; Polish; Latvian; Lithuanian; Ukrainian
3. The error with phone unlock after reboot was fixed
4. Uninstall now is possible only using the Phone Guardian password
5. New security engine was introduced which enables further extensions of the software in the near future.
Phone Guardian 2.0 is free for all existing users, and it really is worth the money!