MeCanto is a revolutionary new service that allows the user to take his music collection with him, whereever he goes, with virtually no storage limit. Setting up MeCanto is as simple as registering an account on our website and installing our client on the PC (or PCs) containing your music collection. As soon as the client is installed, your entire music collection can be accessed through our website or on your mobile phone (using our mobile phone clients and 3G/WiFi internet connectivity). Idn't this how cloud computing works ?
MeCanto uses state of the art server technology in order to enable instant access to your music collection while your collection is being uploaded to our servers. This way, users with big music collections can listen to their entire collection although it could take weeks for their entire collection to upload.
Main points of interest:
• Automatically syncs your online collection with new tracks and albums from your your PC. It's no longer needed to manually sync your player/mobile phone's collection with your PC.
• Instant access. Upload is done in the background; Once uploading is done, the PC application can be turned off (although it will disable keeping up with newly downloaded tracks).
• Virtually unlimited storage.
• Web and Mobile access.
• Playlists created on the website can be accessed through the mobile application.
• YouTube and Twitter integration (through our website).
• No need to keep buying larger MP3 player (and mobile phone memory cards) to store your ever growing music collection. No need to delete tracks in order to free up space on your player.
• Unified access to multiple music collection from multiple PCs.
• Coming soon - Automatic iTunes library sync. No need anymore to define the location of your music collection on the hard drive.
Currently they're running a beta of the service, although they've opened up registration for new users (for as long as they can keep up with the pace :).
The PC application is currently available for Win XP/Vista, while it's possible to upload music from other OSs through the manual upload feature on their website.
Mobile client is currently available for S60 (including initial support for touch screen devices), iPhone client is coming very soon (depending on Apple...) and a Windows Mobile client is currently in advanced development stages.
Download it here !
Download it here !