Once a noob gets his hands on a n900 he's gonna get stumped for a short while. Once that feeling moves over you can check out the list given below to start exploring your device.
- So you managed to boot your device into Maemo. First thing is to make sure you have enough juice left in your battery. Ideally try to keep it above 22%.
- When you plug in your charger be real careful! Or you could end up like this. Scary isn't it?
- If you're from India, you might want to change your network to 3G from 2G to save on battery life.
- If you're using 2G you also might want to be carefull when you browse so that you son't go over the data plan limits. I learnt it the hard way. There is an app in Maemo select that helps you with managing data transfer.
- Go get a hard case for your n900 lest you drop it.
- You can change themes from settings and you can cchange wallpapers for all 4 screens by tapping once on the homescreen and then tapping the round sprocket button that pops up on the top right corner. Then tap on Change Background from the options available.
- Learn basic scripting on debian. You could start with this tutorial.