Sunday, December 21, 2008

Letter to Nokia Care about a crazy N95..

This is a letter written to Nokia Care concerning a crazy N95.. check it out...

Dear Nokia Care,


Subject: Malfunctioning device not repaired after 2 job sheets.

I had submitted my N95 within a month of my purchase to the Nokia Care Center in my city. The complaint is that the phone freezes at odd occasions when placing a call or playing music in the background and occasionally when the camera cover was opened.There are also crashes in between calls. I thought it was a network problem at first, but then it happened even after I changed from Vodafone to Airtel. The main problem has to do with it's slider which had started to make a loud clicking sound upon opening and closing followed by a small grinding feel, as well as leaving a dust of black material on the top right part of the keypad( above the number 3 key). The Care Center had told me that it was normal for the N95 to act that way and that the black powder was "grease"!?
I know very well that the slider problem was something faced by many N95 users and that it indeed is a defect of some N95s.
So I explained this to them and they took my phone for service and gave me a job sheet. After a week I got back my phone in the SAME condition. Then I gave them the handset back and they gave me another job sheet. After 3 weeks I got the handset back, with the right cover slightly protruding showing the black slider mechanism and the clicking only slightly reduced. Obviously someone had manhandled the device. I even had a video on it, with the camera pointed at a dark blue seat and a table with some torx screw drivers on it, and a voice of some guy at Nokia Care talking in Malayalam about
"How to record video, the red LED is lighting up, is it the flash?"
Nice. Unfortunately I lost the video when I updated the firmware. Moreover the other problems that I had with the phone still remained.


I have now resubmitted my phone to the Nokia Care Center with the Jobsheet number
274434038/080122/9 on January 22,2008. I have already lost a lot of time and money running around for a repair. I do not want to be tricked again by Nokia care again. Therefore I request you to replace my handset with a new perfectly working device.

Warm Regards,

xxxxxx xxxxxx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Reply
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. xxxxxx xxxxxx,

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

This e-mail is in reference to the service provision of your Nokia N95. We would like to inform you that Nokia manufactures mobile phones and accessories on the basis of reliability in optimal performance and user friendliness. It is always our sincere and diligent effort to recommend our customers to take the requisite care in the usage and maintenance of your Nokia product to ensure the desired performance as that of an electronic product. As the mobile phone is a product of high usage a greater degree of wear and tear is associated with it.

Further, you may kindly note that the service centre are authorized and recommended by Nokia and you can be rest assured that malpractices (mishandling) do not take place at our service centers. However, we value your feedback in this regard.

Furthermore, the Service Job Sheet created at the time of handset submission would provide the tentative date of delivery. We suggest you to contact the Nokia Care Centre on the date in order to collect the handset.

However, if the service provision of the handset is not complete on the defined date, we request you to revert to us so that we can further look in to the case.

For further enquiries, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Executives at 30303838 between the hours of 9:00am and 9:00pm, seven days a week. For online support, visit "Have a question? Ask Nokia" at www.nokia.co.in. You may also find answers to your queries at www.nokia.co.in/support. We reassure you of our continuous support.

Please help us improve our services by clicking on the following link:

www.nokia.co.in/caresurveys

Kind regards,

Nokia Care

Facebook Comments

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

The Pundit Report

Search Me