The Nokia N97 is the next-in-line flagship device that Nokia's going to throw at Apple to fight it out with the iPhone though the Samsung Omnia is something to be reckoned with.
- The N97s puny 434 Mhz processor, an ARM11, is seriously freaking fans out.
- The slider mechanism is more complicated than usual.
Well the N81 was only 140gms, the N97 is 150gms ! The N95 is just 120!! That's a 25% increase in weight !!! These handsets are not only gonna look and feel like a computer, but weigh like one as well.. well then what's the point in buying these low power comps ?
I will never understand this- why is the n81 so heavy? What weights 140 g inside that piece of glossy plastic? Only n93i is heavier than this. Surely that ain't good. What if I run and the n81 falls from a height? The mobile phone will break in pieces ( simple physics law- as heavier a thing is, the bigger damage happens if it fails). It's competitor, w910, is almost 60 g lighter than n81. Nokia could at least try to lose some weight before it was presented. Even Oprah did it !
- Vaibhav from The Symbian Blog says that the N97 showed 52+MB of free RAM on booting. But if it'll allow us to multi-task remains to be seen with the underclocked processor.
- The pre-order price for the N97 is 699$.
- When the N97 comes out on contract remains to be seen, perhaps with a good data plan (read unlimited) to make use of the great browser and mobile email features. I wonder if Opera is releasing any browser other than the generic version ?
Read>> Will the N97 survive ?