The E90 has got updated Firmware! Version 200.34.72 is out and it brings a lot of new goodies like Flash Lite 3.
Below you can read the changes between 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
- Flash Lite 3 added, with Flash video support
- Support for Web runtime is probably here as well, it tends to come along with FL3 - can anyone confirm this?
- Maps won’t open (for me, at least), you get instructed to go to the web for the latest version. Clumsy. On the web, v1.0 is shown and v1.02 is served up, which at least installs and runs fine. I’m sure the latest v2.0 beta would, too.
- New ‘Set up Internet telephony’ shortcut on standby screen
- Includes Quickoffice 184.108.40.206, many enhancements over the old 3.85, although without the extra functions of the v4.5 and v5.0 paid upgrades. There are also extra options in Quickmanager, specifically more rebrands of Epocware products. The new Quickoffice is apparently back-ported from the version which will be standard in S60 3rd Edition FP2.
- Application opening and booting seem faster. I don’t think that v200 has demand paging though - seems more like optimisations.
- A boat load of bug fixes and tweaks. The ‘Today’/# bug in Calendar seems to have gone away.