Nokia's flagship for the year 2007, the Nokia N95-1, had just got a surprise firmware update from v30.0.018 to v35.0.015 a couple of days ago. Some changes that I've noticed:
- Camera start up time is a lot faster now. It just took 1 sec for the app to start up and a quarter of a second for the sensor to stabilize.
- Pictures in dim light have definitely improved a lot. Couldn't be sure of those in normal conditions though I suspect there is some improvement.
- Photo processing time is also a lot quicker.
- There's now 92MB of free memory after the re-flashing. The firmware size has definitely increased.
- The music player loads up a split second quicker than with the v30.
- Not sure if hacks for this version has been released yet.
- NGage is still present even with the planned removal of the service.